Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Transmedia Poetry

Summons
by Robert Francis

"Keep me from going to sleep to


Come wake me up. Come any houro soon" Like this:

"Or if I go to sleep too soon
Of night." Sounds like he wants this:


"Come whistling up the road.
Stomp on the porch. Bang on the door."
wikiHow: How to Kick Down a Door

"Make me get out of bed and come
And let you in and light a light.















Tell me the northern lights are on
And make me look. 


Or tell me clouds
Are doing something to the moon
They never did before, and show me.


See that I see. Talk to me till
I'm half as wide awake as you
And start to dress wondering why
I ever went to bed at all."
Why Do We Need Sleep?

"Tell me the walking is superb.
Quotes about walking:
“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” 
― Friedrich NietzscheTwilight of the Idols, Or, How to Philosophize With the Hammer
“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” 
― John MuirJohn of the Mountains: The Unpublished Journals of John Muir
"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is."
― Ellen DeGeneres
"Not only tell me but persuade me.
You know I'm not too hard persuaded." 

No comments:

Post a Comment